Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting easier, getting through it all...

I did not mean for my last post to be sad because as much as we hated seeing our precious baby go through all that, we've learned so much from her. Patience, perseverance, living in the present. No "why me-s" no "but-s" no dwelling on what happened. Just doing what life expects  - cherishing it, no matter what.
Big brother Ollie was such a great help with that. He even wanted to wear the same collar. After the big brace went bye-bye Amelia got soft collar to wear and she got two of them. 
That made such a difference! She was able to move faster, stand longer, pull up more often. She started to be really determined about walking, even running. The collar quickly turned into very part time use, Amelia was getting totally free and even more happy everyday


There were times that I thought that the "brace era" is never going to end, but time flies and things, even the hardest ones, get easier over time and that's a good thing. Now Amelia wears the soft collar only in the car and her neck muscles (immobilized for so long) get stronger everyday. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see Amelia in her soft brace! I love the pic of Olie and Amelia together in their neck braces so cute! So happy the neck brace journey is coming to an end! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love how cute Ollie is as a big brother. He truly loves her with all his heart. The picture of them in the same pjs is just adorable. You can tell she adores him right back. She is one little determined fighter. It's amazing the lessons we are learning from our kids isn't it! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your attitude! Yep ... just dealing with what life gives us and rolling with it :0) The kiddos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete