Tuesday, March 24, 2009

End of vacation!


I enjoy my last week of maternity leave. I am going back to work April 1 st. I am appreciating every last minute of it and it is  great but at the same time a little sad.... I would love to stay home with kids a little longer but I have a great job and I would not like to loose it, I love being there and I love staying home! Silly me! I just have one life but I could easily fit all my activities in two or more lives. Days and nights are certainly too short for me. 
But since Amelia was born, January 21 st, it truly felt like a vacation. We had so much fun together! And now it's coming to an end... not the fun but the days filled with it, mornings cuddles and giggles in bed, mid day walks outside, afternoon naps. We will have our evenings and nights, and weekends of course! Nobody can take that from us! So, we are going to spend the last few days the best we can! Any ideas ???
I will take more pictures and prove it! 


5 comments:

  1. You are fortunate to have a good job and family.
    This time has been quite an adventure for me too, I have read so much about achondroplasia and I've visited so many blogs.. and I've only learned that life is so beautiful, you wouldn't want to miss any bit of it, no matter what it has for you. You can try to fight it, but eventually you will find joy in everything it has for you, so take a shortcut - and start enjoying right away, and that will make the change in lives that you touch too.
    Ollie looks so big on the picture - can't forget how you were carrying him around on your arm with his tummy down, and now - look at him! Soon we will be sending them to school!
    Put up more pictures! Can't wait for Zain's birthday, I'm going to take a ton of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute picture! I totally agree that the end of maternity leave has mixed feelings, I was ready to go back to work for adult conversation and real lunches, but it was hard to give up the extra kiddo time. Good luck, I hope your first couple weeks back aren't too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photo! Going back to work is tough! I did so after having both of my older girls. Getting to have some adult connversation though is something I miss now that I am a stay at home mama! I'd say a good movie night snuggling up with your kids, hubby and popcorn at home would be fun before you go back! Enjoy your last days at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going back to work is always very hard and I cried, but I like adult time and lunches also. And your weekends and nights will be that much more special!!! I cannot wait to see more pictures of her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable picture!! Enjoy these last couple of days of your vacation! Good luck with your first week back to work too! As Kim said, your weekends and nights will be all the more special after you return to work!

    ReplyDelete