Yesterday everything changed. I looked from the kitchen to check on Amelia who was playing on the floor in the playroom and ...she was not there! It was a scary feeling at first but then, of course, I realized that she just took off rolling around the room. We have been waiting for that moment for a long time wondering why on earth she did not want to do it, stuck in one place. I guess she was not ready until now, two weeks before her first birthday. This great step forward coincided with her eating so much better. Another great thing is that her allergy related rush on the face cleared up. Because I am still breast feeding her I just can't eat products with milk (no chocolate, oh dear!) and unless you are allergic to milk you would not believe how many products actually contain milk proteins, whey, butter, cream or just plain milk ( mainly sweet things, I am doomed!). I also can't have grapes and raisins and mango which I can easily live without.
So much to be happy about - what a great beginning of the new year. Year of the Tiger as the Chinese say....It will be great I can feel it. It will bring strength, courage, and positive energy which we wish you all.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Go Amelia! You'll be surprised the places you will find her! And tell Ollie to watch his stuff, she'll be stealing it!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! Good job Amelia! Caden rolled and scooted for what seemed like forever ... Now you will find her EVERYWHERE :0)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new achievement, Amelia!
ReplyDeleteKasia that is so great that Ami has learned to roll over. It's such a good feeling when they accomplish that. I also understand about the rash. I actually wanted to ask about it but didn't want to come across pushy. I did a post about allergies/eczema on my blog. Nathan had a milk allergy that took me some time to realize because he was breastfeed. He also had a rash on his face (and elsewhere) due to the buttermilk lotion I was applying. I didn't realize this allergy until I feed him some Gerber baby pudding and 4 hours later he vomited (he had done this once before when I tried to give him formula). The lightbulb went off and I removed all milk from his diet. Finally, at 2 years of age he has out grown it and can tolerate milk. But you are right in the fact that so much stuff containing milk or milk derived products that you have to keep a close eye on it. I hope that Ami can out grow this because it is so hard having a food allergy. You can talk to me if you have anymore questions about this. Email is on my blog.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable!! Way to go, Amelia! I'm so glad that she is eating well too! That is so tough to cut milk products out of your diet. I worried about that with my boys since I eat a lot of dairy products and sweets, but luckily Simon did not have allergies, and Jude doesn't seem to so far. Jude does seem to have eczema though (I also have it), but I'll have to ask the doctor on our next visit if there is any chance it is a food allergy.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! What a great start!
Way to go! She'll be running around that house before you know it. I am off to purchase a baby gate b/c Tessa is now (almost) crawling. Sure changes EVERYTHING. What happened to my little baby???
ReplyDeleteShe is so adorable! I love all the little baby noises. Sometimes I really miss that. She is just on the move! Go Amelia! Now the fun begins where you cannot take your eyes off of them for a second!
ReplyDelete