First week at work, the hardest!

And finally this day came, I had to return to work. Last Wednesday leaving home felt like breaking an invisible but quite realistic chain, very strong feelings, very painful not to be able to hold Ami longer than couple of hours.... But the minute I arrived at work the energy changed, I was very warmly welcomed, pink tulips were waiting on my desk, there was a cake and fruit platter.... I felt very special and convinced that this job, nice people there, are also very important part of my life. So Amelia and Oliver stayed home with their "babcia"(grandma) Krysia. She has been amazing! We don't know how to thank her enough for taking such a great care of our little ones. I seriously don't know when she even finds time to cook! ( for all family.)Ami was missing me a lot. She did not want to sleep during the day, she ate very little but I hope that she will be better next week after that first adjustment week....Next week will fortunately be shorter as I am off Good Friday, and then Easter! One of my favorite holidays!
The first week is always the hardest when returning to work! I'm so glad you have such wonderful co-workers that welcomed you warmly upon your return! It's fantastic that Amelia and Oliver have their babcia to look after them! I bet the next few weeks will get easier! Best wishes and hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice welcome back from your job! So super sweet. It is hard at first, but everyone, including Amelia will fall back into a nice routine! And the hours you do spend with her will be just as precious!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have wonderful co-workers . . . what a nice welcoming back to work! That is so great that Oliver and Amelia have their babcia to take care of them while you are working! Each week will get easier and everyone will fall into a good routine! Have a Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteKasia, I recently found your blog and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Amy. My daughter, Ivy, was born a week (January 27) after your adorable girl Amelia. She, too, has achondroplasia. She is an amazing, sweet baby. When I saw the pictures of your Mimi I ran to show my husband...she and Ivy look quite a bit alike in the photos you have posted! Anyway, I appreciate you sharing your story since our family here in Baltimore is in a similar place. (I go back to work in 2 weeks--ugh!) Your family is beautiful, by the way!
ReplyDeleteDear Amy! nice to meet you! I was looking for your blog and could not find one. Please e-mail me! I would love to know more about you, see a picture of your little beauty Ivy (I love the name!)We are not that far away (Connecticut) so one day perhaps we could even get together! I am with you and wish your family all the best!
ReplyDelete