Saturday, May 23, 2009

MRI and CT scan done today!


Ami was so great today! I was more scared than she was... Just because it was her first anesthesia.  Both tests took only about 3 hours but Amelia did not have to get sedation for the CT scan, she was still a little loopy after the MRI so she did not care too much about the CT scan, especially because I was with her the whole time. She did not cry a single time and she was sooo hungry! Luckily it was not long after she woke up from the anesthesia until I could nurse her and I tell you, she ate like a horse! Most definitely made up for the hungry hours :-)
Doctors said that she did great under anesthesia. No problems at all, it made us so happy. We hope that her results will be just as pleasing! I took a picture of wonderful people taking care of Ami today - two anesthesiologists and a CT scan tech. Super nice and caring. Thumbs up for Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine again! 

7 comments:

  1. Great job Ami! So glad that it went well, and you are probably so relieved that it's all over! I will keep my fingers crossed for great results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy that it went so smoothly! I am hoping for quick wonderful results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News! I was a little worried how she will take all those procedures. Good for HER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that she did so well! Great job Ami! We'll be praying for good results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything went well! I guess the cram all the tests into one week approach isn't too bad - get them all over with quickly! I hope all the results are as smooth as the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! Way to go Ami! We'll be praying for good results!

    ReplyDelete