I was hoping that after that busy week with all the tests she will get a break from tests, doctors, etc. But that was just a dream... MRI showed some mild compression on the spinal cord and Ami will be evaluated by neurosurgeon 6/15 after another MRI. He will decide if Ami needs surgery. This is dreadful and scary thought to me. I know it happens a lot, I talk to parents who lived through child's decompression surgery and those who are going experience this. I am so sad and confused....After a period of peaceful acceptance I find myself again asking WHY, and why things like that happen to innocent little angels.....
I thought that she did not have that problem because she shows no symptoms of that compression, her motor skills are good, so is her development. We are also waiting anxiously for the sleep study results, I am sure that will also play a big role in deciding if she is going to need the surgery.
I pray she will not.
ok...I know it's easier said than done but don't panic. If she does end up needing the decompression surgery, she wil do just fine. Anaïs had hers when she was 4 months old and did wonderful!!!! It was much harder on us than on her. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Alex! I read your posts from that time, it helps a lot! Anais is my hero!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that the MRI didn't have better results. The sleep study will show how much the compression is affecting her. Even though this is going on, she is a beautiful, strong, little girl and she has a mom who is the best! She is so blessed! Always know that what happens now is for a reason and better things are to come. I'll keep you in my prays.
ReplyDeleteOh no. I was hoping for better results. I know several families who have had the decompression surgery done, and they have seen great results. I will be thinking of you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you and Ami! You are a strong and wonderful mommy!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you didn't get the results you were hoping. We are thinking of you guys! Ami is a beautiful and strong little girl, and you are a wonderful mommy!
ReplyDelete