Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Next week- big week for Amelia


Finally we will have all the necessary tests done and all in one week. Next week is going to be busy and troublesome for Amelia. Starting on Monday she will have her first sleep study. We were extremely lucky that the sleep lab got the cancellation and they called us. Otherwise it was going to be at least two months waiting. There are only two pediatric sleep labs in Connecticut and they are extremely busy but fortunately cancellations happen all the time.
After Monday night comes Friday testing. Ami will have MRI and CT scan on the same shoot. This way she will not have to go through anesthesia twice and fast twice. I am worried about anesthesia but it also troubles me how she is going to fast for 6 hours (and how am I going to survive that!) However, after talking to my friend tonight I am uplifted and I try not to worry in advance. I decided to live in the present moment and worry when there is a good reason for that, not just because I fear about the future.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring the worries of its own. Sufficient to the day is its own trouble." (Jesus)
Please keep Ami in your thoughts and prayers. Ami says -Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! You do have a busy week ahead! We will keep Amelia in our prayers! Sonya had her sleep study at about 5 or 6 months of age. It was tough, she mostly just hated all the wires, but we got through it! As for the anesthesia, Sonya had surgery at 4 months of age and was put under. I was nursing her at the time and was lucky enough to be able to nurse her only 3 hours before surgery. I think the protocol for formula is 6 hours, but even 3 hours at that age was really tough! My heart goes out to you! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! Please keep us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week-but hopefully this will be it for appointments for awhile! Don't worry Amelia is going to go through this like a champ. Preston had hernia surgery at 2 1/2 months and did fine with the anesthesia. He slept like a champ that night and the next day was back to his little happy self!!!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this week - it does sound very busy! Amelia will be in our thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly and that you get good test results! I used to really worry about fasting for Simon before surgery, but he always did so much better than I expected. Like Melissa said, you can give Amelia breastmilk closer to the appt time (if you are doing so) than you can with formula. I think she can have clear liquids up to 2 hours beforehand (double-check with her doctor/hospital though). Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete