
I have been looking for a baby carrier which will be safe for Amelia and would not make her kyphosis worse. Her doctors say that it's best not to use ANY carrier at this point but I am getting tired of carrying her around in my arms. She is 3 months now and quite heavy! Does anyone use or used carriers or slings safely for babies with spinal problems like kyphosis? I found a picture of a baby wrap that I really like and it wraps the baby in many different positions. So dear parents please let me know what to do when you want to keep your baby close to you safely and comfortably while your hands and back are saying no! Thank you!


I don't use a carrier with Anaïs...I am too nervous about her kyphosis.
ReplyDeleteI used the Baby Bjorn Air Carrier with Trace in the outward facing position (after good head control, of course). I loved it. Used it all the time. His back was supported against my body, so I think it was pretty okay, he wasn't all balled up or anything. I definitely wouldn't use a sling.
ReplyDeleteHi! I wish I had a suggestion for you...especially since I completely sympathize, as I'm sure you know! All I know is my carpal tunnel has gotten so much worse as Ivy gains weight. Oh well. I think Ivy is destined to have a permanent place in my arms. My friends with average height babies relied so much on slings, carriers, and bouncy chairs--they all say they can't imagine carrying around a baby all the time. I just tell them you have to be creative with how you keep her occupied. :)
ReplyDeleteGuess who, Guess who
ReplyDeleteReally loves and needs you too
Guess who's saving all
the best-est baby smiles for you!
Guess who thinks your face
is just the nicest one to see...
I bet you must have guessed by now..
It's me
Happy Mother's day,
Amelia
(Amelia asked me to type this up on her behalf.. - gula)
I never put Nathan in a baby carrier, I was worried about his spine. I tried the one I used for my daughter but nathan's abdominal and back muscles weren't strong enough to keep him from curling. I don't think it is a good idea. Depending on the situation, putting her in her infant car seat carrier may help in moving her around, letting her see what is going on and giving mom a rest. It takes about a year for those muscles to be strong enough to be supportive. That's one reason for the delay in the sitting position. Anyway, mimi's a cutey!
ReplyDeleteI am a new reader, but I highly recommend a Beco Baby Carrier.
ReplyDelete