Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sleep study done!

Morning after the study. Family reunited!


Monday night Amelia had her first sleep study. It was not all bad and stressful as expected. Sleep lab at Yale Children's Hospital was actually nice and cozy. Amelia was even allowed to sleep in a big bed with me and they took that scary, cage-looking metal crib away. There was no way she was going to sleep in that monster bed. I just had to sign a release and they rolled the regular hospital bed in  the room. After we arrived at 7 pm Ami fell asleep instantly on the additional bed in the room. As happy as a clam, not suspecting what was coming. We took a pillow and her blanket from home to comfort her. 
 

Then I had to wake her up so the lab tech, Ronda, could check her weight and length and start putting "the weird stuff" on her head. The good thing was that Ronda let me hold Ami on my lap during the "wireing" so she was calm for the most part, even slept a bit. After an hour of hard work Amelia looked like an Alien.


She had no problem falling asleep again. We cuddled together and she slept all night. She had a very good sleep study and we hope that the results will be good as well. It will take three long weeks to find out the details.  Ronda said that her average oxygen level was 97. Is that good or bad?


6 comments:

  1. Poor Amelia! I remember looking at all those wires attached to Ivy and thinking that I didn't like the idea of her having an "alien" pony tail. Her oxygen levels do sound higher than Ivy's, which is probably a good thing. I think they worry about saturation, so that might be something to ask about. I am thinking of your family and all of your tests tomorrow. I know everything will go smoothly. Amelia is lucky to have such a wonderful family to take care of her--and she has already shown you how strong she is! Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like she did great!!! Keep us posted when you get the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new photo of Amelia at the top of the blog! She is so gogerous! Yay for not having to sleep in the scary cage crib! I wish I had asked for a regular bed for Sonya and me when we did her sleep study! 97 is good for an oxygen level. Please correct me if I am wrong anybody, but I think the worrisome point comes at about 95 or less?, 100 is the best. It's been awhile since we were in that situation, Sonya had her sleep study done last June! We will be praying for good results for Amelia! It looks like she was a real good trooper about it! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great job Amelia did! So glad the study went well. 97% is a great oxygen level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so glad that Amelia did so great with the study! 97% is a great oxygen level, hopefully the rest of the results are as good! Looks like Ollie really missed you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a good sleep study! That's great that they let Amelia sleep in the bed with you instead for the scary cage crib! She is such a precious girl! We'll be praying for good results!

    ReplyDelete